Social cooperative, founded in the region of Algarve in 2010, ECOS is composed of professional social workers and educators from diverse professional backgrounds, such as social education, sociology, psychology, economics, sports, sea biology, and law. Its mission is to contribute to the promotion, recognition, and valorization of methodologies that can enhance learning, personal development, and social transformation, to contribute to social inclusion and strengthen social cohesion, towards the community sustainable development.
ECOS' main areas of activity are:
- creation of spaces for structured dialogue, cooperation, and collective construction among different actors, such as social, business, and institutional actors;
- promotion, design, implementation, and evaluation of educational, social, cultural, and sustainable development projects, informal and non-formal spaces in the fields of Lifelong Learning, Participation & Citizenship, Human Rights, Sustainable Development, Democratic Schools, Youth and Youth Work, Social Entrepreneurship, Non-Formal Education, Structured Dialogue, Social Inclusion, Sistemical Transition, Local Development, Alternative Management, International Mobilities, Transversal Competencies, Low-Density Territories, Responsible Tourism;
- development of organizations’ capacity towards more efficient management of their resources and projects through training and new Information and Communication technologies;
- monitoring, support, assessment, and consultancy to individuals, organizations, institutions, and respective educational programs and social intervention projects;
- promotion, recognition, and validation of non-formal education and other alternative pedagogical methodologies that contribute to social transformation.